Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduce yourselfs!

Go down 
+7
Laurian
God
Thy-Robocop
Vodh
Adam H
Coni.
Nilocy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Nilocy

Nilocy

Introduce yourselfs! Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:38 am

Hi, I'm Colin: Guy with dark hair and glasses... that'll help you pick me out from the crowd... duh.

Anyway, I'm hoping to come along to this wednesday bridgelink meeting thing and meet you guys in person.

And so, onto the topic:

Introduce yourselfs; ie who/what you are, what games your into and another information you'd like to share. Nut alergies for example, a weird fetish for feet mayhaps.

I enjoy most styles of gaming, FPSs, in particular source games (TF2, L4D, HL2 etc) and some mmo's. I'm planning to get back into Eve-Online for some epic games. I also play the ledgedary Dwarf Fortress. If you havn't played it SHAME ON YOU!
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 am

Well, hello Colin. It will be good to meet you eventually. pirat

I'm Constance. If people have met me they will know EXACTLY who I am, and if they haven't, I'm the insane girl with the glasses and long hair (although glasses/long hair isn't really a distinguishing feature in this society...) But aye. I will be your social secretary, so feel free to holla with birthday info so I can arrange getting drun- eh, nights out, if you want to do something involving your shiny new society friends Very Happy

I am a Warcraft gamer, sadly, BUT my steam account is fairly well stocked, so it's not all bad. Definitely more keyboard than console though. I should be somewhere on the bridge link on every afternoon it's happening, so you *will* be able to find me fairly easily I should think. I can guarantee I will forget who everyone is but bear with me; years of madness has affected my memory considerably.

I'm not allergic to nuts, and I think feet are ok.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am

Hi, I'm Adam, the mysterious creator of the HWCGS forum. I have long dark hair - but no glasses.

I'm definitely a PC Gamer rather than a console gamer (last console I bought was a nintendo DS- can't resist those pokemon games) but on PC I've played a large variety of games. I used to be really big on strategy an RPGs, but in the last year or so I've had more of a focus on FPSs. I love the source games, and as such have recently pre-ordered the L4D2 4pack with a few friends.

I own a ridiculous amount of games on steam (the official count is 59, although I wouldn't count a few of them as full games) mainly because of those damn weekend deals. Basically, I like to play anything, but team based FPSs are my usual haunt at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Vodh

Vodh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Jan. To those who've already met me, I'm the dude with long, dark brown hair (no glasses). To those who haven't - I'm the dude with long, dark brown hair (oh, and btw, I don't wear glasses). I thiiiiink that should be fairly enough information to start recognising me somewhere towards the end of the next academic year Very Happy

Also, I am more of a computer than console gamer aswell (tho recently bought PSP kind of shakes the balance in my case), I enjoy most generes, tho my favourites are RPG, FPS, RTS and MMO. Also, I tend to stick with one game and play it a LOT for a long time, so even tho the list of the titles I've played (and particularly completed) isn't too impressive I spend a fair amount of my free time playing (and when it's not playing it's wasting time on forums or watching anime ;P). Currently trying to catch up with all the PSP titles I've missed since it came out (yeah well wouldn't exactly call playing Final Fantasy VII for the third time "catching up", but since I've seen it on Playstation Network I just couldn't resist...) and playing a bit of World of Warcraft.

Curious, how do scottish gamers drin... play, hope to find out during the upcoming President Birthday Event thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 am

We certainly do our dr- playing well, vigourously and heavily. Kind of like your mother does her clients.

JK LOL.

Have an elephant. elephant
Back to top Go down
Vodh

Vodh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeah, if you knew that my mother is a teacher, so the closest thing to a "client" she has is probably between 9 and 11 years old... I believe no further comment is required xDDD

Oh and thank you for the elephant

elephant
cheers
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:28 am

God, that makes it so much worse.
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 am

Or does it? errr.... no lets not go there.
Back to top Go down
Thy-Robocop
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:00 am

Hiya Guys! It's your favorite CGS president here, Thy-Robocop! Also known as Robert Bianchini.

As I think most of you are, I am also a computer games guy rather than a consoles game guy. I have tried a wide variety of games, but my passion remains adventure games, having tried all of the Myst series games, and others of that ilk. I have tried other games, like Halo, Unreal Tournament, Age of Empires, Guild Wars, and the like, but I was very limited in games choice, since I only received 15 euros a month for pocket money, and I preferred spending them on books and such. As for consoles, I never owned a console of my own, (I borrowed a Gamecube from a friend once, to play Resident Evil 4 and Soul Calibur II), since Dad likes to have total control of the TV, and I only got to play those games because at the time my Dad was working and it was the summer holidays. I owned a Nintendo DS (which, due to the cost of new games, has now fallen in the hands of my dad, with only a Sudoku game to keep him company.), and my brother owns a PSP, which he doesn't share with us (has a fear of sweaty hands, and has brought the PSP with his own money, as such he was very possessive with it), and he is currently not using it (or at least, not using it for gaming reasons). He will probably sell it.

The other thing that limited my gaming is this very computer, that my family got a couple of years ago with a internet broadband offer, from which I am typing this message. Coni knows how shit this is... and having Linux on it, because of a hard drive fail + the company not giving me a backup CD of Windows XP, doesn't help a bit. Hopefully, by next year, I should have enough money to buy another computer. Which reminds me, I need to write the application form for my part time job at Scottish Water.

Well, that's all for now. See you guys on Monday!
Back to top Go down
God

God

PostSubject: Hello Everybody   Introduce yourselfs! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:03 am

Im Michael, i really have no idea what to say here so well. I have an xbox 360 which i i will be bringing to meetings once we get a tv on the go. otherwise been playing dissidia a lot, so if anyone else has a psp and dissidia, do bring it. now we have a gamecube, means we can get some smash bros on the go, very excited can lay down the path of the murderous pink ball that is jugglypuff. so yeah umm cant say much else, besides be nice to me, for i one day will rule the world
Back to top Go down
Laurian

Laurian

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 pm

ohey it's a forum

In other news, hey! I'm Laurian, and I think you can probably pick me out from most people at society meetings because I'm the chick that isn't Coni. You can generally spot me in a crowd due to the fact I've got a mostly red fringe and no idea what an 'inside voice' is.

As far as my taste in games goes I'm really quite non-hardcore. I can't really play most FPS games because my reflexes drag behind those of a sloth and I tend to just end up flailing about and running away in a straight line a lot. It takes me about three months to correctly line up a shot, at the end of which I've been killed about seventy times and the opponent is off in Mexico or something. Oddly enough, I love survival horror and I've got a pretty good selection of the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games - that is to say the ones that aren't shit.
Other than that I'm into a lot - strategies, platformers, RPGs and beat-em-ups, as well as being the somewhat embarrassed owner of the entire Trauma Center series. It's probably obvious that I'm more console than computer, but that's mostly because I've not had a computer with a decent processor or graphics card in the history of ever.

I've also got a Chemistry lecture in six hours so I'll stop rambling and get to the whole sleeping thing.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Registered, guess I better post here... I'm Richard, the guy with the long red hair and glasses. I'm studying physics and electronic engineering, which is even more boring than you'd expect. Anyway, onto gaming...

I'm more a console gamer than computer gamer, although mostly just because I didn't have a good computer when I was a kid. As for genres, I mostly go in for shooters (I mean oldschool shmups, not FPSs), strategy, and action adventure. Off the top of my head, some of my favourite games are: Ikuruga, Bangai-O, Sin and Punishment (yes, I'm a massive Treasure fanboy), the Civilization series (so much of my childhood was wasted on Civ 2), Fire Emblem, Zelda OoT, Prince of Pesia (the first 3D one, the rest were crap), Okami, Ico, Killer7. You can probably see I don't have the most "mainstream" of tastes, and don't play very many multiplayer games. I did install Unreal Tournament at the last meeting, so there's at least something to play with the rest of you. Oh, and if there's ever a working TV, I'm OK at Smash Bros.

That pretty much covers it, guess I'll see you guys on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Chaos6

Chaos6

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Intro time! Yayy!

I'm Stephen, the only one not going to describe themselves by their hair/glasses status. I can usually be seen wearing a blue/black check coat, some description of jeans and converse.

...For those who MUST have a hair description it's kinda dark, not that long, sticky-out bits if i haven't slept much. And glasses usually.

Games, games, games - my laptop is far from a high spec gaming machine, despite that I've managed to run medival total war 2 on it, but haven't really tried much else. Thusly I'm more of a console gamer, the PS3 sits there on the shelf, munching away at my will to study. I'd say I have a fair range of genres with me, though I do have a tendency for RPGs. To randomly throw a few names at you, Valkyria Chronicles, Timesplitters, Soul Calibur, Phoenix Wright, Fire Emblem and .most of the classics from the N64.

Really what I play largely depends on my mood, and what I feel like, so one minute I could be going at it on Street Fighter and the next I'll immerse myself in Oblivion.

That's all that comes to mind right now. Surprisingly more than usually comes to my mind, but there you go. Hopefully see you guys and girls around. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pandaki

Pandaki

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am

Hey there , finally decided to introduce myself even if I haven't got time to come to any meeting, maybe this weekend.

Oh well time for introduction, I'm Phonesay ,if you have a hard time pronouncing my name, just call me Panda (a lot easier now), I'm an asian with long dark hair, and glasses. I'm usually wearing a dark blue coat.

Well, I am more a computer gamer than a console gamer. I played a fair amount of games in my life, I still remember my first game : Space invaders, aww how exciting it was back then. I like to play FPS (TF2,L4D), strategy games(Forged alliance,DoW2) or adventure game(Batman,...). I own a PSP, I love it for it multimedia capacity. Oh yeah, I have a soul (cf south park)

Well that's it for tonight, I hope I can meet you all at the next meeting.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Hey Pandaki, just in case you havent cottoned on yet, we mostly like to meet in the main cafeteria. You'll recognise us as the large group of mostly long haired people playing computer games somewhere around the very back (or front if your counting from the entrance). We're pretty friendly, and have gotten into the habit of playing some big games of TF2 (at least 4 of us in the room, with assorted friends etc hopping onto the server) on a server that one of our members is admin on. If you go to the super secret members only forum, you can add some of us on steam.
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Novichok

Novichok

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:14 am

Ailie here, I'm afraid I haven't met the majority of you, but the mention of London and cosplay got me out of my deep dark pit.

Hello!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourselfs!   Introduce yourselfs! Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourselfs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society :: Discussions :: Other things-
Jump to: