Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

L4D2 Launch Party!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

L4D2 Launch Party! Empty
PostSubject: L4D2 Launch Party!   L4D2 Launch Party! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:55 am

Here's the pitch - I've pre-ordered a L4D2 server for a month (to save spending half an hour looking for a decent one). I assume I'll be able to access it soon after L4D2 comes out, on Wednesday 18th of November (5:00am). I was thinking that if we can gather 4 dedicated L4Dites together Wednesday morning (probably not at 5:00, maybe 8:00 odd) we can all go into the game together and have a bit of a marathon, playing through the entire campaign. Obviously, places are limited (only 3 other people can get on my server in campaign mode) so it'll be first come first served. That being said, if we have more people, we could always split up into two teams (although only one will get the good server).

The campaigns each take at least an hour, as far as I've heard, and there's five of them, so at least five hours will be needed to spare. If necessary, we could split it up into two blocks, but I doubt people will resist playing in between anyway Razz.
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
SnotlingFondler

L4D2 Launch Party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: L4D2 Launch Party!   L4D2 Launch Party! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:20 pm

Hey Adam,
I like the way you think! Laughing I've had L4D pre-ordered for around a month now, and I've been itching to play. Your plan sounds great, and if there's space, I'd be a willing L4Dite! 5am sounds a bit harsh, but I'll drive to Uni whenever! Name a time and a place and I'll be there! Speaking of which, where are we planning on holding this? I don't live on campus, but everywhere will be closed off early morning, right? Regardless, let me know! Might catch you tomorrow at Lab, anyway.
Well played on the server btw, sounds good cheers
James.
Or Snotling Fondler, whatever's good ^^.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

L4D2 Launch Party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: L4D2 Launch Party!   L4D2 Launch Party! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 am

There may have to be a slight change of plan....

According to the official L4D2 group on steam, the release date has been pulled a whole day forward, so the game comes out on Tuesday rather than Wednesday. Obviously, the earlier the better, but it means that I won't be able to play till around 6ish, as I have several lectures on Tuesday that I'd rather not miss.

Now the good thing about having to wait till then is that more people might be more likely to play (unless they do something on a Tuesday evening that would beat the L4D2 release?). We could always still have the thing on Wednesday (not at 5, more like 8 or 9) but that has the downside of me having already played the game all the way through. I'll ask a couple of people who expressed an interest at the meetings which they would prefer and get back to you on that.

As for location, our usual haunt - the cafeteria - is our best bet, seeing as it has sockets, table space and good wifi that doesn't block steam.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

L4D2 Launch Party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: L4D2 Launch Party!   L4D2 Launch Party! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:57 am

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dibs on DepecheModeLadybitch.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

L4D2 Launch Party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: L4D2 Launch Party!   L4D2 Launch Party! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:10 am

Awesome, that makes 4 definites. I'm struggling to get the people to get my server online, but hopefully it should be fine by 6 (and Colin should be able to help me sort some of the stuff out, since he has a server from the same company). Technically Polanskers said he would come, but since he can only really stay for one campaign, I'll ask him nicely if he'd like to cecede his place for the real l4d2 nutters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

L4D2 Launch Party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: L4D2 Launch Party!   L4D2 Launch Party! Empty

Back to top Go down

L4D2 Launch Party!
Page 1 of 1