Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

London MCM Expo October 2010

Go down 
+4
God
Nilocy
Coni.
Laurian
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nilocy

Nilocy

London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 am

Yush. A demo man. Also I think Ailie (a person most of you havn't met) is thinking of coming as a female soldier... yey! I wonder if she can rocket jump? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 am

Ailieee!

We might have to dualteam this, folks. It's getting a bit out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:16 am

Also - DAVID WANTS TO COME AS SANDVICH.

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 am

Coni. wrote:
Also - DAVID WANTS TO COME AS SANDVICH.

Surprised

EPIC

That's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:48 am

Well, initially it was Spyvich but if there's like exactly 9 people plus him it will obviously be impractical.

but yeah. SO ALL I NEED IS 8 FEET OF GOOD CREAM CLOTH, 2 WIRE COATHANGERS, A PRIMARK RUN AND PATIENCE.

but yeah. Sandvich.
Back to top Go down
Laurian

Laurian

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:24 am

EL PRESIDENTE HAS AGREED TO BE DEMOMAN. WE'VE GOT A FULL TEAM, GUYS.

Coni and I are sitting working out the bits and pieces needed for costumes, and there may be a thread in the future on what we all do or don't need.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:47 am

Awesome, I can't wait to hear Rob's Scottish accent Very Happy

I'm starting to work on my fail-rifle now, I'm trying to get all the details right, so it might take me a while...I have a lot of cardboard and shit, so I figure I may as well try to recycle it in the most awesome way possible.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Costumes thread is up

I might make a weapons request thread at some point - it requires proper blueprints and shit though, because of the complexity of some of the weapons (Natascha, anyone?) at the moment though... if anyone has an old Henry hoover we can utterly destroy that would be amazing.

I'm also thinking of making a tiny turret gun, like, sort of 12-18" high. It seems quite simple to make the side to side thing, its more putting it in a case and the beep. Maybe a little bell or something... We'll sort it out later.

but yeah, costumes thread. gogo my children. FLOURISH.
Back to top Go down
Thy-Robocop
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:57 pm

Just an idea:

How about we have someone going as the Administrator?

Link Here: http://www.teamfortress.com/war/administrator/05.htm
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 am

God damn it rob, that means it would have to be me.
Back to top Go down
Novichok

Novichok

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Seems like Colin's mentioned me, I'm Ailie. Not really been around at all, my apologies! (I never said I was going as Soldier. Heavy all the way!)

Anyway, I've been running a massive TF2 forum for almost two years now, and have scrounged up a lot of useful info on cosplaying each class if anyone is interested! This includes props, Expo restrictions, and not cocking up Spy's mask.

Also, HWU patches, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Thy-Robocop
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Hello there Ailie, and welcome to the forums! If you could go and present yourself in the Introduce Yourself topic under the Other Things subsection of the Forum, that would be really great, so that we can get to know each other.

The girl you should speak to for cosplaying organization is Coni. She's the one who posted on top of you. If you have any useful advice, post it to her.

If you don't mind me asking, are you a girl? And would you like to join us in our venture to the London Expo? Because if so, We have an empty space for the Administrator position... unless we decide to have a full Red and Blue team.

See ya around.
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Meeeeh. Administrator would be really boring. And yeah, Ailie you should go as Heavy.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 6:38 pm

According to the costumes topic, heavy is yet to be claimed. So I would go ahead and grab it up if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 6:55 pm

We'll assume Ailie is now heavy. Sortad.
Back to top Go down
Thy-Robocop
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 am

Adam H wrote:
According to the costumes topic, heavy is yet to be claimed. So I would go ahead and grab it up if I were you.

Wait...Wasn't Michael going as Heavy? Didn't he have dibs on it since this came up? Or has he opted out of it?
Back to top Go down
Novichok

Novichok

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:15 am

I am pretty sure the likelyhood of having more than one Heavy on a team is rather high in-game, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Laurian

Laurian

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:49 am

tbh, I'm not sure on the michael situation but now that we have a full team, you'd be welcome to be a second heavy. AND IF WE DON'T HAVE A FIRST HEAVY THAT IS NO PROBLEM EITHER.
Back to top Go down
God

God

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:53 am

i had thought andy had heavy? i was assured by coni and andy himself that he did, i think :S so i thought i was kicked out of the whole thingy, i dont mind if u wanna go, just commissioned some other cosplays a while back
Back to top Go down
God

God

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:56 am

Coni. wrote:
I think Iain would be an amazing Scout tbh, and Andy like seconded Midgeheavy after Irony Scout.

Seriously Michael, if you don't get shit done in person you get overruled or pre-dibsed.

see, i was overruled Sad
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Who woulda thought this shit would get so confusing? Probably shoulda seen it coming tbh, with the whole 'trying to organise nine seperate people both online and offline' thing. Especially seeing as we have two seperate CGS meeting places with 2 different dates AND this forum to communicate to other people with. I do not envy Coni one bit Razz
Back to top Go down
Thy-Robocop
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Adam H wrote:
Who woulda thought this shit would get so confusing? Probably shoulda seen it coming tbh, with the whole 'trying to organise nine seperate people both online and offline' thing. Especially seeing as we have two seperate CGS meeting places with 2 different dates AND this forum to communicate to other people with. I do not envy Coni one bit Razz

Yeah. Sorry if I have added to the confusion.

Still, Coni, I am disappoint with your reply SMS. Which just goes to show that it's generally a bad idea to reply in an argument while hotheaded.

First of all, even though Ailie is a girl's name, as you have so clearly stated, it does not automatically mean that there's a girl behind that name. Especially not here on the Internet. I shall apologize to her for my assumption once I meet her in person, and realize that she really is a girl. Till then, I will consider her as a genderless entity posting on the forum.

And as for the rest of the SMS, I admit that I have done nothing contributing to the cosplay preparation efforts. I've let you done it so far, because you're good and it, and because it's your job as Social Secretary. However, this is still a society outing. And I am still president of the society. And it's still my job to make sure everyone is having a good time in the society, and that no problem arises.

Proposing to Ailie to become the Administrator was done under good faith. Until now, I believed that we had a full team, with Michael as Heavy, and I assumed that we were not going to have any 'copies' or another team, because if not, what would have been the point of the dibs system? If we allowed copies, can't we allow a full opposing team, even if it may turn out that there may not be enough people?

Knowing this, I proposed Administrator as an alternative (which was my intention since I had proposed it in an earlier post. Sorry if it was not clear.), so that when Ailie found out that Heavy was taken, and that no copies were allowed, she could at least be content with a character that is as integral to TF2 as the rest of the team and NPC's that Valve invents for it. Which also brings me to the point: how would the Administrator ruin the feel of the cosplay? And by the way, if no one gave a shit about her, she would still be a disembodied voice in a game, rather than a character we had just got to know.

Now that I have re-read all the discussion, and talked to Michael, I have realized that some of my assumptions were incorrect, and once I sorted that out, i found that the problem has sorted itself out. Everyone's happy now.

But I want you to do a couple of things for me, Coni. First of all, I would like for you to apologize, or at least talk to, Michael, about the way you have systematically ousted him from joining the team. Second, I want you to apologize for the way you have treated me in the SMS. I may have made mistakes, and my ideas may have been utterly wrong, but that was NOT the way to point that out to me. I also want you to promise that, if we ever get into any disagreement, you will tell me why I am wrong when you are more level headed, and not in a foul mood. One of the things I enjoy from being away from home is that I don't have to keep up with my Dad's arguments. Please, don't become a female replica of him.

And finally, since you say that I do NOTHING for this cosplay, I want you to keep me informed personally of everything you are organizing, so that I can respond appropriately. And I want you to give me a job, ANY job, that will somewhat contribute to the overall effort of organizing this outing. And when I say ANY, I mean, literally, any (well, things that need purchasing might have to be put on hold until I get a job), from organizing accommodation and buying tickets, to painting bullets.

Oh, and a complete list on how much I owe you and Laurian would be great. I may not have money now, but I will pay my dues once I can.

I hope this post is enough to clarify my views and my actions on this situation. If anyone wants clarification, or finds a fault in my reasoning, then please let me know. Because only through a constructive discussion can we make sure that everyone enjoys being in this society. Not through hotheaded shouting.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:00 am

/diffuse

You have no job because you do not need one. Unless you really want to be in charge of like, buying all the food or something we're pretty much sorted.

Replied via text because I was in an airport and my time had JUST ran out and I didn't have any pound coins left.

The gist of the text if anyone cares was me having a rage at rob for having the testicular fortitude to presume to make decisions on his own when he has done little but in all honesty it doesn't matter.

The whole michael thing is more to do with a. him never being around, b. me being unsure about him and c. us potentially having to stay with liz, which would be awkward for everyone because he has a total hard on for her (or he did when she was last up)

That's all. Periods can be tricky things and I'm blaming mine for the rage but I dunno what rob's is Razz But we'll all work things out in the end and if people are going to be angsty we'll just call the whole thing off and have a massive ebay sale.

I am sorry for being a massive cow, rob. Michael, I'm sorry that this is what's going on but there. Apart from the never being there thing you've not objected enough either via text or on the forum, whereas everyone else has either got back to me or Laurian in person or on MSN or whatever, so... so there.

NOW CHILDREN, can we play nicely? Because even though this is a lot of my doing I have officially become bored with it and want to sort it out.
Back to top Go down
God

God

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:16 am

yeah coni, now u have gone to far, i wasnt making a problem over whatever problem u had with me, i was just gonna leave it, then u had to go and be a b***h, i dont even see what liz having anything to this, and for your information i dont. and as for not standing up for myself, i had clearly gotten annoyed and showed my annoyance at the whole calling dibs thing, and i even had tried to talk to you on msn a few times about it, but every-time i said hey, you would just proceed to ignore and not reply. and i do attend a lot of the meeting, there have been many which i have been to and you have not, the only reason why u may not see is me i am down with the console group most of the time, as i bring my xbox, and dont feel comfortable leaving it there. every time i said something you were the one who went an said no, i dont want you to that, i want this person to etc, even though if u look here it shows that i gave my interest very early in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Thy-Robocop
Admin

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:19 am

Ok guys, I believe that from an organizing point of view, everything is sorted. If you still have some personal matters to discuss, please use PM's.

A word of advice to you Michael: perfect grammar always helps in an argument.

And as for you Coni, I accept your apologies, and I apologize for my 'testicular fortitude', as you have put it. Still, as the society president, I do want to be informed on all the organization process, so that at the very least I don't interfere. And I did say ANY job in my previous post. Food organizing can do, if that's the only job left.

Quote :
That's all. Periods can be tricky things and I'm blaming mine for the rage but I dunno what rob's is Razz

Mine is just rage against people who use rage in an argument. There is probably nothing else that actually gets on my nerves as much as this. The good thing about forums is that at least you get to think about the answer, before writing something stupid.

Well, I hope this settle things. Have a nice rest of the holidays you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London MCM Expo October 2010   London MCM Expo October 2010 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

London MCM Expo October 2010
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next