Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coni.

Coni.

MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. Empty
PostSubject: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Since Laurian and I are probbaly going to hand-make the more irritating weapons unless you guys wanna help, this is like a materials request thread and will be updated constantly. We're planning to draw up some sketches of the more complex ones at some point soon and will place orders thusly.

BRING US CARDBOARD IN THE FORM OF LARGE BOXES, TINY BOXES AND TUBES.
We may also need plastic tubing as the basis for a lot of the weapons - don't be shy to go skip-diving. Razz

But yeah, CLASS WEAPONS and VARIOUS ACCESSORIES. (Feel free to take control of weapons manufacture, but also feel free to request materials and I'll add them to the top post.)

So yeah, this list at the moment is things that can be easily made that don't require stupid materials like 3 feet of plastic pipe.

Scout.
  • Foam bat, either painted or covered in tinfoil. If someone has like a spare rounders set from when they were a kid then that would be useful but we can always buy one.
Heavy.
  • Ludmilla / Sascha - We're gunna need like an empty paint can and some narrow tubes, like - plumbing pipes? 6 of them tied together would make a good barrel.

Soldier.
  • Grenades - His look like real grenades, so should be findable in a pound stretcher or something. Could the next person who's in town check? Also, if you had any LOLWAR toys when you were a wean, double check you don't have any grenades or indeed other useful materials kicking about.

Pyro.
  • Fireaxe, plastic please. Since we are ever creative, if you have an axe handle we can always like make a new head for it or whatever. I know that's an odd thing to have but y'know, we're odd people.

Engineer.
  • Wrench - Trying to keep as many of the weapons as possible non-dangerous, so check your old toybox for something plastic we can cannibalise.

Last edited by Coni. on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:05 pm

I know I've mentioned it before, but just to clarify, I shall be making my own sniper rifle (for that is the sniper way). At the moment I'm getting a lot of the basic shapes and bits done using cardboard and shit (I have half the barrel made out of toilet roll tubes, some of the handle, and that weird bit on the metal frame with the holes).

Also, instead of food colouring, could just fill the jar with fanta, or tango, which also gives the added benefit of being able to drink from it to the disgust of onlookers Very Happy Jar needs to seal pretty damn tight as well.

One more thing, the sniper has 4 big ass bullets in his front pocket, so if anyone has some largish bullets of the plastic variety, I would be grateful for their use.
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:17 pm

We need to make an arse load of bullets for the heavy as well though, bear with us.

BABY STEPS.
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Are we also making shotguns? Since everyone has one for a secondary weapon, bar the engy. I guess it'll be adding a lot of work, but I'll happily take up the slack if need be.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

PostSubject: Re: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:42 pm

No idea. I think we do need to make some of the iconic weapons but like the pyro for example doesn't need a shotty. Neither does heavy really.
Back to top Go down
Chaos6

Chaos6

PostSubject: Re: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:21 am

Coni. wrote:

Grenades strapped to his vest - Approximate size of coke cans, it seems. If anyone has 6+ empty cans (for spares) kicking about, holla.

I'm sure i have about 2 or 3.... dozen.... Been meaning to take them to recycling but couldn't really be bothered.

Just read your post in the zombie walk topic, sure I'll try and bring a bunch along asap. Just as soon as I stop feeling so ill.... x,x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.   MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta. Empty

Back to top Go down

MCM - I CAN HAS WEPON Beta.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society :: Important Things :: Events-
Jump to: