Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Real Time Strategies!

Go down 
4 posters

What RTS's you guys have
Red Alert 3
Real Time Strategies! Vote_lcap17%Real Time Strategies! Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Cnc 3 (includes Kaneswrath)
Real Time Strategies! Vote_lcap8%Real Time Strategies! Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Forged Alliance
 17% [ 2 ]
Men of War
Real Time Strategies! Vote_lcap8%Real Time Strategies! Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Company of Heroes
Real Time Strategies! Vote_lcap0%Real Time Strategies! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dawn of War (I or II)
Real Time Strategies! Vote_lcap33%Real Time Strategies! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Other, just ask me to add them.
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Nilocy

Nilocy

Real Time Strategies! Empty
PostSubject: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 am

Ok, so a list of the ones we all have. So we can get some idea about what games people like/have to play.

I have; Red Alert 3, Forged Alliance (supcom), CNC3, Men of war, Soldiers heroes of WW2, Dawn of War, all expansion for the first one and the second. And quite a few others I can't think of... Oh and obviously Starcraft Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:52 am

I have a few oldies (but goodies)

Age of Empires
Age of Kings (AKA Age of Empires 2)
Age of Mythology (back at home)
Warcraft 3 (Not entirely sure if I still have the activation code for it)

I have a few turn based as well:
Heroes of Might and Magic V (have yet to play, so I dont know if the multiplayer is any good)
Civilisation 4
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:13 am

Ah yeah, forgot about AoE. I have a few of their games somewhere i think.

And Civ 4 is good, but extremely time consuming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vodh

Vodh

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:12 pm

DoW II and Warcraft 3 (gotta love the new Battle.net, it allowed me to dl the game just yesterday even tho my CD's are back in neverwhere Very Happy). That's pretty much all there is to me + RTS's. Also, used to play DotA quite a lot (for those of you who don't know, it's a pretty complex custom map that offers sth what is essentially a new game mode - you pick one hero and try to destroy oponents' base. It's good fun, better than I make it sound Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Y'know that Valve have hired the leader Dota programmer now? Seems pretty good. I wonder what they'll end up making?
Back to top Go down
SnotlingFondler

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:39 am

Dow2 and RA3 here. Heroes of might and magic isn't realtime, but very godlike. Don't waste your time with HOM&M5, if you need a copy, I have a collectors edition of Heroes IV, the best in the series. It makes for a good multiplayer game, either hotseat or LAN. Only problem is games can last upwards of 18 hours (True story!).
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 am

Hmm, there is a game i should let you folks try out. Its called AI Wars, basically its a 2d 4x game, with some insanely smart/powerful AI. The premise is quite simple; you and fellow humans play against 2 AI. The difficulty ramps up with the more human players so its still a challenge with a full team. So a 2 player game will be easier than an 8 player game. But whats also really good is that this game has no DRM. And the guy that made it says that people should be able to try before they buy.

Heres the link to the demo: http://arcengames.com/aiwar_features.php
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:07 am

I'll be up for a crack at the demo at least, if more than two of us play, but I doubt I'd be willing to buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Nilocy

Nilocy

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 am

Oh, theres also a copy of Supreme commander that I can give you lot, can be played on lan fairly well.

*WARNING* This game is stupidly resouce hungry. Even with my laptop running at its highest can only run it on medium to low graphics...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Time Strategies!   Real Time Strategies! Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Time Strategies!
Page 1 of 1