Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MCM COSTUMES.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Coni.

Coni.

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:37 pm

(Enormous props to Lor-Lor for not only getting this shit going in Garry's mod but painstakingly taking notes on what every class has in terms of costume. It's very time-intensive.)

Well, as y'all know, we're planning to go as a society to London next autumn for the MCM expo. Laurian and I have created a definitive list of costume components and if anyone has anything here, please mention and it will get ticked off. Similarly, if you feel we've missed some essential part of the costume then holla and it will get added.

Basically, children;

COSTUME REQUEST THREAD, including who is currently assigned to which class to the best of my knowledge.

NB; Class Patches - Laurian and her considerable stitching prowess have volunteered to do some sexual embroidery re; patches for the classes who have them, so nobody has to worry about that.

Scout: - Ironic Andrew, the most scouty scout of all time.
  • Red t-shirt
  • brownish-grey trousers
  • Dog-tags We have some good 'uns.
  • sport socks (the kind that you can pull riiiiiight up to your knee), plain white.
  • brown shoes, white stripes
  • Squarish baseball cap (dark)
  • Black messenger bag Someone has one of these kicking about, should be easy to borrow.
  • Black belt, large rectangular silver buckle
  • cloth strips/bandages for les mains
  • Headset - one noise-cancelling earphone, one mic. Like an Xbox live headset but orange (hint hint we could modify it in a non-permanant fashion if anyone has spare)

Soldier: - Polanskers.
  • Large red shirt/light cloth jacket
  • White vest
  • 2 broad black belts
  • waist pouches (2, black)
  • Brown/grey trousers (A common theme.)
  • Grey/black combat boots (They go RIGHT UP TO MID SHIN, folks.)
  • Helmet, BUT since one of his unlockable hats is a massive saucepan, unless someone has one kicking about it might be easier to just borrow a big pot Razz

Pyro: - Iain the Glasgwegian Ninja.

• Gas-mask/headgear
  • Red jumpsuit
  • 1 broad belt, 1 medium width (both black)
  • black/grey suspenders
  • Black rubber boots
  • Oxygen canister/similar And on the 8th day, God invented papier mache.

Demoman: - Robert!
  • Red turtleneck jumper with shorter sleeves
  • Long sleeved white shirt, or forearm covering
  • Red trousers
  • Black boots, grey... legwarmers? Round his ankles? (I'm thinking get grey legwarmers and trim them down so they just cover ankles)
  • Black sort of bulletproof vest with... crotch flap. But for the grace of God, crotchflaps are incoming.
  • grey bumbag/pouch contraption
  • Black suspenders
  • Black knee-socks (his trousers are tucked in!)
  • EYEPATCH.
  • Dem hatz. I know for a fact Rob has an awesome Demo hat, I've seen him wear it.

Heavy: -
  • Red short-sleeved t-shirt
  • White vest
  • Grey and black vest (Sort of bodywarmer type thing, looks sort of fleecey)
  • Bandolier!
  • Black fingerless gloves I have that cheap pair left over from Francis, if needed.
  • black belt with oval silver buckle
  • Grey trousers
  • Big massive combat boots.

Engineer: - Colin.

• Yellow hard hat Laurian bought one.
  • Goggles Again, Laurian has a pair that are perfect.
  • Red shirt, like, proper shirt.
  • White vest (under the shirt, barely visible though)
  • Dark brown/black dungarees.
  • A SINGLE YELLOW GLOVE. Laurian's lab gloves + Duct tape
  • Yellow knee-pads
  • brown belt/tool belt (As in, it's a tool belt but we can hack it together with a normal one and sewing bags on and shit. TOOL BELT WOULD BE BETTER THOUGH.)
  • A really weird yellow flex with a yellow plug at the end
  • grey/brown work boots

Snoipah: - Adam H.
  • Red collared shirt
  • Aviator sunglasses, preferrably with a gradiated tint.
  • Brown/black (leather?) vest with plenty a' pockets.
  • white vest
  • Grey trousers
  • Black belt
  • brown shoes (I assume they'd be cowboy boots but only the foot part is on show Razz)
  • Brown hat with a black band (you all know what it looks like)
  • A single, black glove, similar to an archery glove.
  • A brown back-holster for his snoipah roifle.
  • A little brown ammo box hanging from his belt.

Medic: - Laurian.
  • brown trousers
  • Black bitch-boots
  • Gloves
  • an incredibly long lab-coat - NB - we are probably making this shortly, so if you have a 55" long labcoat tell us before we waste the money and effort
  • Thick black belt
  • black suspenders
  • Black box on his belt - NB - looks exactly like one of the things I had for gun holstering at hallowe'en so this may be sorted
  • White collared shirt
  • Red tie
  • Wire-rimmed spectacles with a small, circular lens.FUCK YEAH, EBAY. FUCK YEAH.
  • 3 large grey buttons.

Spah: - Coneh.
  • Blue pinstripe suit. OH GOD IT'S SEXY.
  • White collared shirt
  • Dark blue tie
  • blue balaclava, or like 2 A2 pieces of blue material and we will get bizzay with the needles.
  • Black leather gloves, fully fingered
  • Black shoes

Sandvich: - David [my boyfriend, he heard the plans and thought it would be bloody hilarious to come as] (This is more a list of materials we need for our current design since the whole costume will need to be hand-made.)
  • Approximately 24"x36" sheet of cream foam or medium weight cloth
  • Scraps of green, yellow, red and pink cloth.
  • Brown cloth for the crusts.
  • some heavy wire - such as a wire coathanger or 4.
  • Green balaclava - NB - I can get one pretty easily but it's more of a hassle than anything else, so this is the least important thing in this entire post.

P.S. - I have a Bill's hat if anyone is struggling for classhat.

This is a general costume roster for the whole group. If anyone has anything listed here or can get it cheaply please post and I'll edit accordingly. Help a brother out, holmes. Also, the formatting for some of the struck-out items went a bit weird but ROLL WITH IT. Remember - If I've missed anything, FUCKEN TELL MEH.

Last edited by Adam H on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:05 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Post is now stickied :D)
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Thought I'd include a full photo of the classes for quick reference:

MCM COSTUMES. 800px-Tf2allclasses
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Also, you forgot both the Sniper's sunglasses and his outback vesty thing.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Adam H wrote:
Also, you forgot both the Sniper's sunglasses and his outback vesty thing.

Noted, added.
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 6:16 pm

I've already looked for engineers stuff before hand, and I got a series of bookmarks with stuff to buy. The only issue I have currently is price, buying new is easier but a lot more expensive. Charity shops/hand-me-downs are easier but of less quality. I shall try to hit the right balance.

On a related balance note: What do you think of having a collection of money that we all donate to buy essentials, maybe a fiver from each person? Therefore guaranteeing that everyone make a contribution. Or is this too harsh on those of us who have no jobs?
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Nilocy wrote:

On a related balance note: What do you think of having a collection of money that we all donate to buy essentials, maybe a fiver from each person? Therefore guaranteeing that everyone make a contribution. Or is this too harsh on those of us who have no jobs?

We really need to start doing something like that or I will spend a disproportionate amount of money on this.
Back to top Go down
Laurian

Laurian

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:27 am

The Engie hard-hat came this morning, and it is both big enough for any head and utterly beautiful. c:
Back to top Go down
Nilocy

Nilocy

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:19 am

Much love to lolrian.
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Oh christ, I got the most perfect spy suit ever today.

It's BEAUTIFUL.

That's basically the hardest part bar shoes and physical effort done, basically. The rest of the stuff we need for the costumes is either makeable or easy to find and dye.
Back to top Go down
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:30 pm

I hope to buy the sniper stuff myself (although if someone does see something suitable for cheap, I will reinburse them if they buy said item). Share the load and all that.

You guys are doing some really awesome work getting this stuff sorted! I doubt you will, but if you guys need any help with anything, I would be happy to chip in (besides getting my own snipery goodness sorted, of course).
Back to top Go down
Coni.

Coni.

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:17 pm

@Adam; we fully expect a standard donation of about £10 from people whose costumes we are sorting. We may need more later on and we're still going to be out of pocket but for now it will doooo.

Also, vis a vis hotels; in a standard Travelodge room there is a double bed, a sofa bed and a pull out bed underneath that giving 4 sleeping surfaces excluding the bath (which i have slept in before and will do so again if neccessary Razz) and the floor. If we take a lot of luggage and some of that is bedding (you only get duvets for the bed) and if we include various beds about the south of england we can probably get away with like, at most 2 rooms for 2 nights.

This will be sorted nearer the time however. I'm just warning people that we may have to camp somewhat Razz
Back to top Go down
Laurian

Laurian

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Colin's goggles have arrived! After trying them on I have concluded that they are the best thing ever, so yay! 8D I'm keeping that shit, man, he can just borrow them for the costume. XD

Also, I had a look at the hat I have at home - basically, it's a cream-coloured stetson, but dyed brown it'll pass pretty well for a slouch. The brim wires into place so the folded bit isn't a problem, I just need to try it on Adam's noggin.

Also on the hat topic, I have a houndstooth tweed baker boy that I can also dye brown should we not be able to find a military cap for Andy. \o/
Back to top Go down
Novichok

Novichok

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:27 pm

I have a rather Scouty Scouthat if anyone would be interested. And remember, roll the sleeves up to the shoulder!

(Is it too late to ask to join, I'm sure I'll meet you folks at SOME point this/next year)

Also, I have a lot of knowledge farmed from a very large Team Fortress forum which I shall not name, but I assure you I can get a lot of information on cosplay, appropriate sewing patterns, props, etc
Back to top Go down
Laurian

Laurian

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:35 am

Was in Camden this afternoon and now have a pair of gradiated vintage aviators for Snoipah. Also bought a bowler hat, so there's a billycock available for use c:
Back to top Go down
Novichok

Novichok

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Laurian wrote:
Was in Camden this afternoon and now have a pair of gradiated vintage aviators for Snoipah. Also bought a bowler hat, so there's a billycock available for use c:

That's interesting, I'll be in Camden tomorrow! Hoho~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MCM COSTUMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MCM COSTUMES.   MCM COSTUMES. Empty

Back to top Go down

MCM COSTUMES.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society :: Important Things :: Events-
Jump to: