Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heriot-Watt Computer Games Society

Where all Computer Games playing Heriot-Watt goers meet!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam H
Admin
Adam H

Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale! Empty
PostSubject: Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale!   Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 pm

I know most of you are probably aware of this, but for those that aren't, steam are doing a fairly large sale, where every day for the next five days, a new selection of games will be on sale. Today's games have two rather tempting recently released gems for me to fail to resist buying Very Happy

Here is the link

You should note that it is possible to buy these games without loading up steam (although you still need a steam account to do so).

I recommend Far Cry 2, for the measly price of 10 pounds (with DLC!) for the sheer fun of the fire mechanics. A favourite tactic of mine in that game is to throw molotovs into a fairly wooden compound, then creep round the outskirts picking off panicked survivors.
However, on the flip side I do not recommend Champions Online. In theory, it should be a great game, building on the limitations of City of Heroes (a much bigger power pool to pick from, instead of just two fairly restrictive branches) it piles on its own limitations in the fact that combat is largely boring and procedural. Also, the world is fairly boring, despite impressive sights. Granted, all my information is from the closed beta, but after reading a couple of reviews, I'm convinced that none of the underlying problems have been changed. Stay away from CO. If you really want a decent superhero MMO, play City of Heroes instead (although I got kinda bored of that one too).
Back to top Go down
https://hwcgs.forumotion.net
Vodh

Vodh

Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale!   Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale! EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:58 am

Also, take look at the top - the THQ complete pack Even if you already have half of that pack it's still a bargain.
Back to top Go down

Super Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Only Sale!
Page 1 of 1